We want you to know that when you use our organisation you can trust us with your information. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust. This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. Our registered address is 100 – 150 York Street, Belfast, BT15 1WA, our registration number is ZA506608, and our Data Protection Officer is Brendan Leaden. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the above address
Our Lawful Basis for processing your information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so. The Lawful Bases identified in the GDPR are:
- Consent of the data subject
- Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- To protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
Examples of legitimate interests include:
- Where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller;
- Transmission within a group of undertakings for internal administrative purposes;
- Processing necessary to ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access;
- Processing for direct marketing purposes, or to prevent fraud; and
- Reporting possible criminal acts or threats to public security.
Our Lawful Basis is on taking your consent and our Legitimate Interest is in the purchasing of tickets or using other related services of Movie House Cinemas.
We use your information to:
- Provide goods, services, deliveries, quotations, and information, for example, Admission Tickets and newsletters
- Process or support payments for goods and services;
- Conduct data analysis, testing, and research (including for product development), and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends
- Maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services;
- Direct your enquiries to the appropriate customer support staff
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, news, updates and events
- Process promotions/competitions, including prizes, and send you information about our services
We collect and process both personal data and special categories of personal data as defined in the GDPR. This includes:
- Mobile phone number;
- Payment details – processed but not stored.
- Device IP address;
We may share your personal data with:
- Delivery partners;
- Our subsidiaries and group of Movie House companies;
- Our legal advisers in the event of a dispute or other legal matter;
- Law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to meet our legal obligations;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, refinancing, or acquisition of some or all of our business by another company;
- Any other party where we ask you and you consent to the sharing.
Transfers to third countries and international organisations
We do not transfer any personal data to third countries or international organisations. All Data is stored in EU countries.
We retain your personal data while you remain a customer or employee, unless you ask us to delete it. We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
- There is an unresolved issue, such as claim or dispute;
- We are legally required to; or
- There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting customers' safety and security.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you specific rights around your personal data. For example, you have to be informed about the information we hold and what we use it for, you can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies with the personal data we hold, you can ask us to stop sending you direct mail, or emails, or in some circumstances ask us to stop processing your details. Finally, if we do something irregular or improper with your personal data you can seek compensation for any distress you are caused or loss you have incurred. You can find out more information from the ICO’s website https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/ and this is the organisation that you can complain to if you are unhappy with how we deal with you.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting us at our registered address
Based on Article 22(3) PECR we will include you in our marketing emails when you have purchased tickets with us.
“A person may send or instigate the sending of electronic mail for the purposes of direct marketing where—
- that person has obtained the contact details of the recipient of that electronic mail in the course of the sale or negotiations for the sale of a product or service to that recipient;
- the direct marketing is in respect of that person’s similar products and services only; and
- the recipient has been given a simple means of refusing (free of charge except for the costs of the transmission of the refusal) the use of his contact details for the purposes of such direct marketing, at the time that the details were initially collected, and, where he did not initially refuse the use of the details, at the time of each subsequent communication.”
You may opt out of receiving emails and other such messages from our organisation at the time of booking if you wish or by following the instructions in those messages.
- Validate users;
- Remember user preferences and settings;
- Determine frequency of accessing our content;
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- Analyse site visits and trends.
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice. When we make significant changes, we will publish the updated Notice on our website.